Friday, November 20, 2015

Week 18

Well, I guess first I'll start off by telling about my new companion! Her name is Hermana Browning, she's from Kennewick, WA. She just graduated last June and did a summer at BYU. She's really good at playing the piano (yay! Now the ward has two piano players!) and she also can play the organ so hopefully she will teach me! We have already become really good friends, so I'm excited to spend these next two transfers together!

It's so weird being the "older companion" because I really don't have that much experience. But that being said, I have been able to see how much I've learned since coming into the field 3 months ago! Man, especially in my Spanish. From day-to-day I really haven't noticed an improvement, but when I step back and think about it, I can speak Spanish! I'm not fluent by any means, or even close. That will take time. But I can speak Spanish well enough to communicate and teach the Gospel, which means I can speak it well enough to fulfill my purpose as a missionary.

This week was a really good one! We taught a total of 19 lessons, which is about average for here, but the crazy thing was that we never taught the same person twice! We taught 19 DIFFERENT people! So we have a lot of people to work with, we just need to focus on helping them progress and keep their commitments.

Rosa finally came to church! She started being taught way back in June, and had gone to a session of General Conference in beginning of October, but yesterday was the first time she actually came to church. We had a really great testimony meeting, and she said she liked hearing the testimonies of all the members. Now that she's come once, I think it will be easier for her to come again next week.

Halloween as a missionary really isn't that exciting.. We had the ward Halloween party Friday night and that was fun! It was set up in the gym because of bad weather, but we had a bouncy house and lots of games and candy and food and everyone was in their costumes and such. Hermana Browining and I dressed up as missionaries. Classic. On Halloween, Saturday, we were required to be in by 7:00 instead of 9:00, so no trick-or-treating for us. But we still had fun and had our own little Halloween party, just us two :)

I think that about covers the week! We are enjoying the nice fall weather (which is actually only nice some of the time...).  And we are so excited that it's officially the holiday season! We may or may not have started listening to Christmas music back in September. Haha.

Thank you Nana for the package, and thanks Dad and the kids for the letters! Made my day :)

Moroni 7:45

I love y'all so much. Have a happy week!

Hermana Baker



Say hello to Hermana Browning! So excited she's here!!




No comments:

Post a Comment